Modify Cabinets in Bulk
In this section we demonstrate how to modify a whole group of cabinets in bulk. Typically you would do this when first setting up the software, most likely where your standard working height is different to those as supplied.
The program that does this, GlobalChanger.exe isn't advertised in the start menu, you have to go looking for it in the 3DKDirect bin folder. It would pay to have a backup of your objets.ct folder before you start since this program has the ability to write rather a lot of files at once, and having some method of rolling back mistakes is essential. Normally this tool is used by technicians setting up an initial installation.
In the video example we demonstrate, we shall adjust the standard height of our cabinets from 30″ to 33″ We will leave other dimensions alone and will do this for all base cabinets in the base library.
- [ 00:00 ] Introduction
- [ 00:10 ] Scenarios for doing this
- [ 00:45 ] Locate & start globalchanger.exe
- [ 01:30 ] Decide categories to alter
- [ 01:45 ] Explain the categories
- [ 02:30 ] Fill the list
- [ 03:00 ] Copy values
- [ 03:30 ] Only modify values we wish to alter
- [ 04:00 ] Exclude some from alteration
- [ 04:30 ] objets.ct is affected folder
- [ 04:50 ] Mitigate errors
- [ 05:00 ] Copy folder before making changes (just in case!)
- [ 05:35 ] Review whats about to be done
- [ 05:45 ] Write Changes!
- [ 06:00 ] Prove it worked
- [ 06:33 ] Y values now 33″ (was 30″)
- [ 06:41 ] The End